Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research
Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) started with Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust as the first self-financing Engineering College in Tamil Nadu in 1984 by Dr. S. Jagathrakshakan. The trust then established Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital in 1989. Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital was first recognized as a Deemed to be University by MHRD in July 2002, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956 and placed under the purview of new trust of Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER). The Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and other institutions (below) was then brought under the ambit of Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER).
- Bharath Institute of Science and Technology
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital(SBMCH), Chennai
- Sree Balaji College of Nursing, Chennai
- Sree Balaji College of Physiotherapy, Chennai
- Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences (SLIMS), Pudhucherry
Thus, Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) is providing multi-stream, multi-cultural and high-quality education to nearly 10000 students from all around the world. It is functioning in a sprawling area of 603 acres of land with 1.3 crore sq.ft buildings located in six Campuses both in Tamil Nadu and Pudhucherry, equipped with the state of the art infrastructure facilities. There teaching Faculty members are well-qualified and have vast experience in research to teach and supervise various UG and PG programmes.
Our goal is to be produce international standard academic health centre in Nursing, we are building on our own cultural values, enhancing humanity, transmitting our heritage, creating innovation in Nursing practice, education and research.
- The college fosters academic and career success through high-quality and innovative instruction, providing individual attention to student needs in an inclusive and accessible learning environment, and providing services to students at all stages of their educational and/or career path.
- The college explores to help students to develop an understanding and appreciation for the complex cultural and physical worlds in which they live and to realize their highest potential of intellectual, physical and human development.
- In meeting the needs of our demographically diverse student population, we embrace equity and accountability through measurable learning outcomes, ethical data-driven decisions and student achievement.
- Develop leadership skills and group dynamics among students for holistic patient care.
- We fulfill our mission by preparing competent, committed, and reflective professionals as we engage in outstanding teaching, innovative and impactful research, and meaningful outreach.